How to take care of carpets?
Regular rug care will enable your rug to maintain its original appearance and style for years. There are some very simple to-dos as given below:
- Clean your rug regularly (atleast once a week). Unless mentioned below for any specific materials, use light vacuum - it prevents impurities from becoming embedded in the rug’s pile.You can also use walk-off mats at all entrances to absorb soil and moisture.
- Keep heavy usage areas, such as hallways, stairs, and exterior entryways clean. They are the major sources of dust and other impurities.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or the rug might get damaged.
- In case of water / liquid spillage, place towels or cloth over wet area and put pressure with a heavy, colorfast object to absorb moisture. Leave overnight.
- Rugs should be dried on both front and back sides.
- When storing for a long time, rugs must be rolled with the front-side in and kept with cloth wrapping, and not folded. Do not fold or put in an airtight plastic bag.
- Avoid keeping furniture with sharp legs on top of a rug.
- Avoid prolonged direct exposure to sunlight with blinds, shades, etc.
- Remove as much of food spills as possible by scraping gently with a spoon or dull knife.
- Consider professional cleaning service at least once in every two years.
- Rotate or reposition your rug every six months to enable even wear and fading on the surface and extend the life of the rug.
- Please keep away from sharp objects, hot surfaces and open fire places.